Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Reflections

These summer evenings remind me again of how special this place is. It's not just the scenery. It is the utter tranquility that rolls in with the lavender and apricot clouds, often painting the sky a color that I would not believe on an artist's canvas. And occasionally we are treated to nature flaunting herself in a technicolor display right in our front yard, the arc of a perfect, brilliant rainbow. Whether it has been an extremely positive day or one I would be happy to forget, those sunset moments seem to close the day with a reminder of my gratitude for this place and for all it means to us.

In case you missed it last month, here's a link to my article on Maria Shriver's blog. I've gotten some lovely comments and responses and I'm most appreciative.

http://mariashriver.com/blog/2012/06/in-spite-of-everything-a-love-story-nancy-calhoun

No comments:

Post a Comment