Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Thoughts

In the midst of pre-Thanksgiving dinner prep, I wanted to take a moment to thank all of you who have been such faithful readers of my blog. It amazes me that hits come from all around the world, and all I know about the reader is the country or the U.S. city. I always wish to know more...how did you find my blog? what do you like about it? what could you do without? why do you return again and again? I would love to know the answers to those questions, but because I don't I just want you to know that it means a great deal to me that you 'follow' me. It makes me feel connected to a much larger place than Sonoita when I see that someone in Finland, or Egypt, or the U.K. has visited my little blog! To them, and to all of you, many thanks!
For my U.S. friends, may your Thanksgiving Day, no matter how you celebrate it, connect you to your blessings and help you feel an attitude of gratitude. I shared this short poem last year and it seemed to resonate with some of you, so once again here is my Thanksgiving wish for you all.


Look Around the Room

The day is full, food and laughter,
music and games, richly laden tables
and flowing wine.

Before the day is gone, blessings
retired to the back of mind,
look around the room.

It is in the faces you see, hands
you grasp in love, that happiness
resides in the completeness of life.

Touch tenderly those who gather
this day, remind yourself that it is all
you need, you are rich

beyond your dreams.

1 comment: