Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Poet Searches for Words!

I've truly exhausted just about all the words I know to describe the birth of my grandtwins...to the point where I am repeating myself. Nonetheless, I must report that Jonah Ray and Claire Elise arrived on November 30, about 5 weeks early, but healthy and beautiful. Son Scott and the valiant JoAnn have taken to parenthood wonderfully, especially given some severe issues with the end of the pregnancy that were frightening, but now resolved. The babies were in the hospital NICU for two weeks, but are now thriving at home. I was blessed to be able to spend 10 days in their home and share the NICU experience, where Jonah and Claire received such incredibly thorough care.
I had been feeling that the excitement of the new arrivals would overshadow Christmas this year, but as I reflect on it, I think the sweetness and joy of this experience just magnifies the treasures of family. We were gifted with three babies in 2010 (and two different generations!) and another great is expected next July. These little lives have given us all new energy and enthusiasm to be our best selves, to love without limits, and to help in whatever way we can to make their world a joyous place for them to grow. I feel so hopeful, so excited and filled with the Christmas spirit! My wish is for all my dear friends and family to be connected to the people in your life who give you joy this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment